Day 53 Caernarfon to Bardsey Sound 26/07/16

Constrained by tides again we could not leave Victoria marina until 1530. As we made our way towards the Caernarfon bar (An area of sandbanks and strong tides) the swell increased and the tide forced us to crab our way through the winding channel and safely out to sea. 

The wind increased to Force 6 and the barometer was dropping so we decided that to catch the south flowing tide through Bardsey sound and allow the wind to ease we would anchor off Porth Dinllaen, a few miles north of Bardsey. 

We arrived at the small cove and picked up a mooring at  2130 and the wind was now gusting Force 7. Time to sleep and wait for calmer seas and wind. 

Advertisements

Author: stevepointon

I'm sailing around the UK with family and friends onboard our yacht, Tikka, to raise awareness and money for " Action for Children "

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s